Saturday 11 August 2012

Let's Get to Work Again

After the two-months break, I'm feeling much more rejuvenated! The second phase of the translations will begin tomorrow.

This time I'm getting to those translations with the skills of a 10-month German beginner instead of a 4-month German beginner. I'll be revamping some of the earliest translations and aim to eliminate the italics in them, with any context I can find (including in the comments) cited.

I'll also be having a go at translating the introduction to 'Messer', written by the late Gert Hof, and the final mini-biographical notes at the end of the book, giving the entire text a more permanent sense of completion.

There will be no specific point where this phase might 'end' - the more I learn, the more I'll be able to better my translations. It'll also be somewhat slower and the differences might be minimal, but every little bit helps.

So let's get to it again. I'm back.

No comments:

Post a Comment