Friday 16 March 2012

Till Lindemann's 'Messer' - "Immunschwäche Sehr Positiv"

Must admit, it was the title that really got my attention...

Disclaimer: Poem copyrighted to Till Lindemann. This post does not include photos/illustrations of said poem from 'Messer'. The original German text is also not included. This is only a interpretive translation and accuracy is not guaranteed.




Immunodeficiency (Very Positive) 

She is in her mid-forties
Has a scar on her stomach
Caused by a Mexican machete
I promised her marriage;
And to two prostitutes also

Her sails are torn
Cut up her breasts for shark bait
With a Mexican machete
Our raft, the corpse
Of her own brother

Escape to the sea-storm
We do not die in the boats
Through a Mexican machete
We swim with both of the prostitutes
And yet alone towards death

Notes: Everything is in italics. This is another Big In Japan situation.

Comments: ... I didn't say I understood a thing, though. I'm lost. I honestly am. I even italicized the title and added brackets because that's the only way it makes even the vaguest of sense, presentation wise, to me.

'Shark bait' was 'Haifischluder' in the original text. I cannot find a translation that makes any other sense due to 'luder' apparently meaning 'slut/hussy/bitch' etc, but dict.cc says that it also means 'bait' in the hunter sense. Maybe a Waidmanns Heil kind of thing with all its hunter jargon? O_o?

1 comment: