Thursday 19 April 2012

Till Lindemann's 'Messer' - Mid-Progress Thoughts

So as of 19th April and a little over two months since I began this project, twenty poems out of Till's fifty-two listed in 'Messer' are left. I've done over half of them, and as of April I have six months' worth of German language experience.

Not bad, I say. Not bad.

I don't know who is reading all of those poems, but I know links come from Deviantart, Facebook and other sites that link here. No comments have been made for any of my translations yet, though, and I would still appreciate some because I'm still so much of an amateur. But it's okay. I'd like to thank everyone for reading and appreciating Till Lindemann's beautiful poems.

My skills are very lacking, but still lots of people visit this blog and read my translations. That makes me very happy.

After I'm finished with the entire set, I think I may go back through some of the translations and re-translate/update them. As I discovered throughout the process of going through those poems, quite a lot of them can be linked to Rammstein songs as well (whether entire lines of poems making it into lyrics, or thematically similar), and I believe I might make a little note of those references too. And the rhyme scheme. I have a lot of work to do in that sense.

So, thank you very much, again. I will do my best.

5 comments:

  1. I cannot thank you enough for translating Till Lindemann's poems. Really. As someone who deeply admires the art of this remarkable man (but doesn't know the German language well enough to better appreciate his poetry...not yet), it's such a blessing to find this blog. Danke <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being the first one to comment on all of those poems ; w ; finally. I felt somewhat as if I was kind of throwing these translations out in mid-air and just kind of waiting anxiously to see if anyone would find them. And it's no problem at all, I've only been doing German for 6 months myself. Thus I will constantly be editing and updating these poems as I gain more understanding. A shared learning experience for all who love Till Lindemann and his poems!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so very much for translating these poems by Till! I absolutely love this mans work, such brilliance in everything he does! I've been looking all over for the translations and it's hard to try and translate it all when you got the basics of German down. I can't thank you enough for this! You did an amazing job translating them all. You have made me most happy mate. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so very much for translating these poems by Till! I absolutely love this mans work, such brilliance in everything he does! I've been looking all over for the translations and it's hard to try and translate it all when you got the basics of German down. I can't thank you enough for this! You did an amazing job translating them all. You have made me most happy mate. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much mate for translations of Till's poems! Absolutely love Till's work, he's a brilliant man. I can't thank you enough for doing this, this had made me most happy to finally find his work. You did a brilliant job translating! Thank you so much again mate!

    ReplyDelete